Sunday 11 May 2008

Fly me to the Moon: Frank Sinatra & Diana Krall.



I adore this song. I've found some information on the wiki. I've summarized it down here:

(It was written by Bart Howard in 1954.It was first recorded in 1954. The original singer of "Fly Me to the Moon", Felicia Sanders, recorded the song in 1959.

Frank Sinatra recorded the song on his 1964 album It Might as Well Be Swing. This became the rendition that many people identified the song with. Sinatra's recording was played by the astronauts of Apollo 10, on their lunar mission).

Many singers had sung it. Here two of them. The gorgeous voice ot The Voice itself, Frank, Mr. Sinatra and
that wonderful lovely jazzy voice, Ms Diana Krall's version playing the piano- wow, I adore her!!!-, both on behalf of them.

Sinatra's ( pics and lyrics):




Ms Krall's live version accompanied by John Clayton:


No comments: