Sunday 6 April 2008

Secrets and Lies. Mike Leigh.


I watched it when it was released in 96. I still remember I thought it was a great movie. Some days ago I had the chance to watch it on TV. I keep thinking the same. I find it is one of those pictures I will never forget.

A drama, in the best sense of the word. A very emotional movie, full of loneliness and pleasures, humanity, pain and small emotions of happiness which are the most immense ones. A film where ordinary people live, suffers, looks for felicity in people surrounding them and in spite of secrets and lies which are in the middle of the way find it. A chant to life richeness, to people’s value. One of the main characters in a decisive moment pleads to leave away secrets and lies which causes hurt and wounds to each other. Only when we allow them to light healing is possible.

A film which touchs deep in your heart.

The players are great. To stand out, Brenda Blethyn.

No comments: