Monday 7 April 2008

My best friend has died: 7, Ap, 2008.


My best friend has died. He has been my longtime companion for sixteen years. He died last night. This morning I got up, went to his bedroom, call out his name but got not answer, called him back, look at him, touched him. He was cold, his eyes wide opened. His body stiff. A friend of mine has been with me. We have covered him with a warm blanket, put a poem I’ve written to him and a little angel to guide him to Heaven in it. We have gone to the country, up on a mountain we have dug a grave, covered it with soil, a big stone with his name and the date of today on it. Some flowers on the earth, a prayer. The mountains around were enveloped in fog. He will be with me forever. Beloved friend.
T12

2 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

OMG! I'm sorry for your loss. Accept my most sincere condolences. I hope you are doing ok.

IB said...

I lost my best friend 2 years ago next week to suicide. I have not found a way to write about the experience yet. You are very brave.

Thanks

http://idiotsstew.blogspot.com